Tow Company in Duluth | Maintenance Your RV Needs Before a Road Trip
Tow Company in Duluth | RVs are a significant investment, and if you own one, you probably want to do everything you can to make sure you can take road trips for years to come. RVs act as both your transportation and your home while you are on the road, so breakdowns are the last thing you want. Luckily for RV owners broke down RVs can be towed by a tow company in Duluth called Virgil’s. Not every tow company in Duluth can handle heavy equipment hauling, but Virgil’s has the right equipment to get your RV to the shop fast. The goal is to avoid the breakdown, of course, so make sure you follow these maintenance tips for your RV before a road trip.
- Check Your Tires- Make sure you check the pressure in your tires and fill them up to the recommended PSI before you leave on your trip if your RV has been in storage. Make sure not to overfill or else you risk tire blowouts. You’ll also want to check the lug nuts and ensure none are loose.
- Test the Battery- Your RV battery should last three years, and if it’s time is almost up, you should go ahead and replace it before a long trip. You can also have your battery tested to ensure it’s still holding a good charge before setting off.
- Check for Leaks- You should check the roof and seams of your RV for leaks every three months and before a family vacation. If you feel dampness, notice condensation, or see or smell mildew, you should use a sealant to patch up the leaks quickly. You may need professional bodywork for significant damages.
- Brakes- Even if you aren’t hearing squeaking or having difficulty with braking, you should check to make sure the brake pads and rotors are in excellent condition and that you have plenty of brake fluid.
- Oil- Your RV needs its oil changed more frequently because of its heaviness and seasonal use. You should change your RV’s oil every 3,000 miles, and if you’re making a summer-long road trip this could mean changing your oil every month or maybe more depending on your travels.
Maintaining your RV will help you prevent breaking down on your road trip but if you do find yourself on the side of the road and needing a tow company in Duluth, make sure you call Virgil’s where we specialize in heavy towing. Call us today at 507-216-9012.